Poll ended at Sun Sep 18, 2016 9:07 pm

Yes, i want to see Bremen_final running in ND instead of Radar_summer
92%
No, it's fine with Radar_summer and i disagree to replace it for Bremen_final
8%

Total votes : 12

Re: Radar Summer

Postby DisColow » Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:20 pm

Well, Radar Summer is a fun map IMO. Maybe players don't like it because it's hard to understand what you have to do the first map you play it.

When looking at the votes, I think they mean that players wonder what is that map and vote for it just to discover it. When they see it's just an alternate version of radar they probably think: "oh not that shit again".

About Bremen, I say why not.
I think adding more liked maps could be better but I don't know about the download size (of Supply or Venice for example).

Maybe if we later decide to change this map again we should let the members pick?
And what about we decide to change the downloadable map every 2 month or something like that? It's just an idea I had while answering...
DisColow

Home-Game: Wolfenstein Enemy Territory
Favourite Weapon: Push
Wolfenstein ET Name: #ET|DisColow|M2S
Clan Wars: 3

Postby FuRious » Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:31 pm

DisColow wrote:
Maybe if we later decide to change this map again we should let the members pick?

Yeah good idea, but it need to be based on statistics (popular and known ones) with a little downolad if possible. Omnibot need to be supported in the map (if based on statistics it will be not a problem) but also consider the gameplay for a map that nobody can rush or bypass the main objectives.

DisColow wrote:And what about we decide to change the downloadable map every 2 month or something like that? It's just an idea I had while answering...

Why not if everyone or almost agree :P

FuRious

Favourite Weapon: My Knife
Wolfenstein ET Name: #ET|FuRi@u$|
Steam Name: etfurious1
Clan Wars: 0

Postby WeaveR » Mon Sep 12, 2016 2:34 am

You guys seem to forget what NO DOWNLOAD means, it means you aren't supposed to have to download when you join the server, threw that out the window with radar_summer, now you're trying to throw it even further with bremen.

At least radar summer was a good map, RIP ND.

"big dicks in yo ass is bad for your health"

WeaveR

Favourite Weapon: AK-47
Wolfenstein ET Name: #ET|WeaveR|fuck
Steam Name: WeaveR

Postby Umelinydd » Mon Sep 12, 2016 2:54 am

WeaveR wrote:You guys seem to forget what NO DOWNLOAD means, it means you aren't supposed to have to download when you join the server, threw that out the window with radar_summer, now you're trying to throw it even further with bremen.

well even if it's ND you have to download the jaymod anyways :P so it wouldn't make much difference if some extra dl added imo
Umelinydd
500 Post Milestone

Favourite Weapon: K43 Modified version
Wolfenstein ET Name: #ET|PeaR*|M2S
Clan Wars: 2

Postby FuRious » Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:26 pm

PeaR* wrote:
WeaveR wrote:You guys seem to forget what NO DOWNLOAD means, it means you aren't supposed to have to download when you join the server, threw that out the window with radar_summer, now you're trying to throw it even further with bremen.

well even if it's ND you have to download the jaymod anyways :P so it wouldn't make much difference if some extra dl added imo

Did you get any issues when you downloaded radar_summer ?
Well no and it will be same with bremen which most of players (including you) got it already through the popular servers.

FuRious

Postby Fenrir » Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:15 am

We are living in 2k16, the most of our players are located in europe. We have a fastspeed download support, I never heard anoyone complaining about downloading stuff. I also think there allways should be one downloadable map at time but I like discos suggestion to change this one for every 2 month if players agree, because since we have the mapvote there are just 2-3 maps getting played. Maybe we can motivate other players in this way to discover new maps :)

In my opinion it's a good idea.

“We can't stop here, this is bat country!”
― Hunter S. Thompson, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
#ET||

Fenrir

Favourite Weapon: K98-k
Wolfenstein ET Name: #ET|Fenrir|FO
Clan Wars: 2

Postby Outblast » Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:19 am

This discussion is going in circles in yet another thread. Way to go about this is I think a discussion for the LT and it wouldn't hurt to include admins and mods in it too :cool: . We have to agree on 1 thing (unless it has already been agreed upon and I don't know) and that is the direction. Do you stick with strictly No Downloads as the name suggests or is it no downloads except for maps and no bullshit advertisement/sound packs/skins/other useless add-ons.

My stands is this: There are other popular servers that are called no downloads with custom maps and they are very successful, TWC comes to mind. I mean I can see why its difficult to change as the current formula has been successful for the server but as with most things, you have to evolve to survive. We can all agree that we have reached saturation point which means it isnt a server with just a couple of members and randoms. We have a good number of regulars that want to stick with our server because they like the settings, the atmosphere and other players but they want something new to keep them interested. Is Bremen the right choice? I think so I can quote my poll from the previous post and Furi was online too to see it. Supply is more commonly known but walljumping would be a problem. Bremen is very easy to learn, cant be completed in 2 min like fuel dump or battery, small download and just a good overall map imo. There is a downside that Matt has mentioned. The first part of the map can be a little cramped for a 8v8 but that's just something we'll have to see for ourselves.
Outblast

Favourite Weapon: Firing for effect!
Wolfenstein ET Name: #ET|Outblast|
Clan Wars: 5

Postby FuRious » Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:57 am

Outblast wrote:This discussion is going in circles in yet another thread. Way to go about this is I think a discussion for the LT and it wouldn't hurt to include admins and mods in it too :cool: . We have to agree on 1 thing (unless it has already been agreed upon and I don't know) and that is the direction. Do you stick with strictly No Downloads as the name suggests or is it no downloads except for maps and no bullshit advertisement/sound packs/skins/other useless add-ons.

My stands is this: There are other popular servers that are called no downloads with custom maps and they are very successful, TWC comes to mind. I mean I can see why its difficult to change as the current formula has been successful for the server but as with most things, you have to evolve to survive. We can all agree that we have reached saturation point which means it isnt a server with just a couple of members and randoms. We have a good number of regulars that want to stick with our server because they like the settings, the atmosphere and other players but they want something new to keep them interested. Is Bremen the right choice? I think so I can quote my poll from the previous post and Furi was online too to see it. Supply is more commonly known but walljumping would be a problem. Bremen is very easy to learn, cant be completed in 2 min like fuel dump or battery, small download and just a good overall map imo. There is a downside that Matt has mentioned. The first part of the map can be a little cramped for a 8v8 but that's just something we'll have to see for ourselves.

Everything are said, i can't add anything.
And because almost everyone seems to agree we just need to have a simple discussion as Outblast said.

FuRious

Postby DisColow » Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:12 am

I agree with Outblast.
You have to decide once and for all what do we do about downloadable maps.
But I think the debate should also be about the size of downloadable maps. People might not be reluctant to download a map, but when see that it's gonna last 10 minutes, they might leave the server. I think that's to be kept in mind when discussing this subject :)
DisColow

Favourite Weapon: Push
Wolfenstein ET Name: #ET|DisColow|M2S
Clan Wars: 3

Postby FuRious » Sat Sep 17, 2016 7:30 pm

Well anyway we can debate here too :P

FuRious