More players, more issues with them

#ET|NoDownload|
62.210.115.183:27960 // et.etclan.net:27960

More players, more issues with them

Postby ProLama » Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:08 pm

Hello,
One hour or maybe two ago happend some issue with players with nicknames: Minion and Dexter, looks like they don't like eachother. Dexter said on chat Minion is pushing him and ruining his gameplay, after couple messages I switched to spec to look at this. He did it, but I wasn't fast enough to record it. I warned him couple of times so he said: 'Kick me' - like he doesn't care. Anyway I oficially warned him so if other admin can - watch this guy.
It's not just topic about a report him (btw. Alcatraz specing Dexter too and he probably pushed Minion aswell in revenge), but about one important thing in that kind of situations. I couldn't do anything, I was powerless in that moment and no others admin were online with 300 or more lvl. I mean we don't have any commands to make ppl stop acting like that or just I don't know about it.

Cheers :)

Btw. Sorry for my bad english, that's why I'm not active that much on forum in others topics than joining.
ProLama

Home-Game: Wolfenstein Enemy Territory
Favourite Weapon: Thompson
Wolfenstein ET Name: #ET|ProLama'
Clan Wars: 5

Re: More players, more issues with them

Postby Outblast » Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:11 pm

I think he was pissing dexter off because dexter was calling 100 votes a second on railgun
Outblast

Favourite Weapon: Firing for effect!
Wolfenstein ET Name: #ET|Outblast|

Postby FuRious » Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:17 pm

Thank you for this report Veteran.
I banned Dexter some month ago for 3 months because he still brake the rules after many warns and kicks.
He seems to come back as not a bad guy but i hardly trust him anymore but i don't know Minion so ..
Next time and because you haven't the power to kick him yet (level 300+ are able to do it), just ask an admin in the forum to solve this kind of issue. :)

Anyway, good job and your english is not bad at all :P

FuRious

Favourite Weapon: My Knife
Wolfenstein ET Name: #ET|FuRi@u$|
Steam Name: etfurious1
Clan Wars: 0

Postby ProLama » Tue Jan 12, 2016 12:34 am

We fix it so fast, so I'm fine with it now :) And I was thinking about !splat command, not kick.
ProLama

Postby Perplexity » Tue Jan 12, 2016 6:42 am

I think it would help that atleast junior members have some kind of thing to help them in these situations. To atleast warn said player in a healthy matter instead of them knowing Veteran or any other member does not have the levels to do so. You see this time and time again that people begin misbehaving if they know someone with lets say 300 or more is not online on the server. A simple thing as a splat command would help I would say or of course we need to make sure that more often then now is the case a level 300 or more is online on said server.

However I do agree with the admin team that having a splat command could result in abuse of powers.

I am on Veteran's side tho that in his instance he might have felt powerless were he wanted to control a situation for the better of the server. I don't know, just my opinion haha.
Perplexity

Wolfenstein ET Name: Perplexity* / Jeff*

Postby FuRious » Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:01 am

It's the deal between a "trusted junior member" and a " not trusted junior member that can abuse this command". :)

Nice suggestion though :P

FuRious

Favourite Weapon: My Knife
Wolfenstein ET Name: #ET|FuRi@u$|
Steam Name: etfurious1

Postby Straw » Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:04 am

Perplexity wrote:However I do agree with the admin team that having a splat command could result in abuse of powers.

It's the main reason why we didn't put any powerful command to Junior Members.

I propose 2 things :

We can either add more commands to Junior Members and make the promotions harder to get. It might result in a loss of motivation for some members who are active and think they deserve a promotion. It also means that becoming a Moderator would take a lot more time.

The second option I see is keeping everything like it is, and trying to put in relation Members and Senior Members + so it's easier to contact an admin.

I would obviously go for the second option.

Cheers
Straw

Home-Game: Counter Strike - Global Offensive
Favourite Weapon: Spoon
Wolfenstein ET Name: #ET|Straw|
Steam Name: Mansikka
Clan Wars: 1

Postby ProLama » Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:14 am

Straw wrote:I propose 2 things :

We can either add more commands to Junior Members and make the promotions harder to get. It might result in a loss of motivation for some members who are active and think they deserve a promotion. It also means that becoming a Moderator would take a lot more time.

The second option I see is keeping everything like it is, and trying to put in relation Members and Senior Members + so it's easier to contact an admin.

I would obviously go for the second option.

Cheers

I think second option is good for now. When I posted that topic and contact via shoutbox, admins reaction was pretty fast and we solved that problem in maybe 15 minutes.
ProLama

Postby Wīñd » Tue Jan 12, 2016 12:05 pm

Veteran wrote:
I think second option is good for now. When I posted that topic and contact via shoutbox, admins reaction was pretty fast and we solved that problem in maybe 15 minutes.

so i think the second option is better too :up:

Recruiting is the best way to help a clan :rose:

Wīñd
Suspended

Favourite Weapon: my best weapon is recruiting .
Wolfenstein ET Name: #ET|Wind|*
Steam Name: Ulquiorra
Clan Wars: 3

Return to NoDownload - ET 3.00

• Advertisement