Re: Changes to maps

Postby Wīñd » Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:28 pm

good job Matt!
i really like oasis changement (axis spawn) <3

Recruiting is the best way to help a clan :rose:

Wīñd
Suspended

Home-Game: Wolfenstein Enemy Territory
Favourite Weapon: my best weapon is recruiting .
Wolfenstein ET Name: #ET|Wind|*
Steam Name: Ulquiorra
Clan Wars: 3

Postby MaTT » Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:05 pm

I've decided to remove the extra objectives to destroy the radar stations on Radar since it was having a few problems.
MaTT

Favourite Weapon: 1.75 Turbo
Wolfenstein ET Name: #ET|TitaN*|
Steam Name: Mattipoika
Clan Wars: 0

Postby FuRious » Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:22 pm

Damn it :pain:

It was a better map with it ...

But it's better to remove it because lot of players didn't know how finish the map. :/

FuRious

Favourite Weapon: My Knife
Wolfenstein ET Name: #ET|FuRi@u$|
Steam Name: etfurious1

Postby Unit » Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:56 am

I really think it should be kept :pain:

It made that map so much better :up:

but I guess people ARE kind of confused with it :P
but they would eventually get used to it right? :P

"People die if they are killed" - A philosopher of the ages.
Unit

Wolfenstein ET Name: #ET|The Gnome
Steam Name: Unitron

Postby Wīñd » Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:45 am

Unitron wrote:I really think it should be kept :pain:

It made that map so much better :up:

but I guess people ARE kind of confused with it :P
but they would eventually get used to it right? :P

Too much confused = less visitors ...

Recruiting is the best way to help a clan :rose:

Wīñd
Suspended

Favourite Weapon: my best weapon is recruiting .
Wolfenstein ET Name: #ET|Wind|*
Steam Name: Ulquiorra
Clan Wars: 3

Postby Ziltoid » Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:06 am

What Street said :) It was fun to have those extra objectives, but if it leads to less visitors it's a good thing Matt removed them.

Btw, is the time to complete the objectives back to 8 minutes now? :P

Made by Numel

~~GOD OF MASTURBATION~~
Ziltoid

Wolfenstein ET Name: #ET|Ziltoid
Steam Name: Ziltoid

Postby MaTT » Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:05 pm

Metallica wrote:Btw, is the time to complete the objectives back to 8 minutes now? :P

Yes it is.
MaTT

Postby MaTT » Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:33 pm

Id like to bring people back to this topic, since there's been more changes to these maps now...

Oasis
Not much has changed this map, only the Health and Ammo cabinets on the Axis side near the Anti-tank guns have been moved. They were moved back closer to where the Axis spawn, however they are also at a place where the Allies can access them briefly if they need to. If they stay there too long though, they will get spotted by an Axis player and may be killed.

Here is where they can be found now: Map View

Battery
On this map it was usually impossible for the Allies to even get close to the back door because the Axis could spawn at the East Bunker near the back door as soon as the match started. This has now been changed and Axis can only spawn there when they construct the command post. The battle at the back door will remain intense since when the allies construct the command post, they will not gain a spawn point there. The Allies will usually get to the command post first, but if the Axis manage to construct the command post and they have a good defence force then it basically closes one route for the Allies to take.

This is not the only thing that has changed though, now when the door control generator is destroyed the doors will open around the battery bunker as it should do allowing the Allies more routes to access the gun controls as well as a quicker way to access the bunker itself from the West beach bunker when the Allies capture it.

Goldrush
Taking into consideration the trouble the Allies have on this map, especially around the 2nd tank barrier and getting the Gold crates, this map has changed to address these issues. When the tank reaches the 2nd tank barrier, a message will appear saying "The Axis are struggling to send reinforcements", when this message appears the Axis respawn time will increase to 10 seconds (default is 6). Since the Allies spawn much further away from the bank and the 2nd tank barrier, the respawn time will balance out the distance that the allies have to travel to the objective. After the 2nd gold crate has been loaded onto the truck and the truck sets off, a message will appear saying "The Axis are sending more reinforcements" which means that the respawn time switches back to normal (6) for the Axis.

Radar
The HP/ammo hut outside the forward bunker next to the road (named the Road Hut) now allows Axis to spawn there (but not by default! Axis need to click the flag on the limbo map). When the Allied flag is captured then the default spawn for the Axis does switch to the Road Hut, this stops the impossible bottleneck that the Allies can create when the Axis are trying to get through the Axis door to defuse the main entrance dynamite. It also eliminates the long distance the Axis have to travel which gave the Allies the advantage; this won't make things difficult for the Allies, just a lot less easy. However, when the main entrance is destroyed the Axis can no longer spawn in the Road hut and spawn in their usual garage at the back of the map.

The Axis spawn at the side entrance has also been changed, the Axis now cannot spawn there at the start of the map and must construct the command post first in order to spawn there. There was also a bug that this fixes that the majority of the Axis spawned at the side entrance when the map started when they are supposed to spawn in the forward bunker. When the side entrance is destroyed, the Axis can no longer spawn at that command post, even if it is constructed for them. When the Allies construct the command post, they gain a spawn there where the Axis used to be able to spawn.

I plan to add more to this map later since I feel this is the worst original map in ET and very biased towards the Allies. I'm also thinking of adding back the objective to destroy the radar stations, but i'm still figuring out how it could avoid the problem it encountered before.

Here is the new spawn: Map View

Railgun
I've noticed on this map a couple issues that have been addressed. Number one is the over-powered and buggy spawn location at the command post. This has now been removed and neither team can spawn there anymore. Secondly is the fact that when the Axis load the second ammo train, it makes it easy for the Axis to win from that point because of the distance the Allies have to travel. From this, a new spawn has been added in front of the railgun for the Allies, which is only available when the second ammo train has been loaded. When the second ammo train is loaded a message appears saying "The Allies are assaulting the Railgun directly!", this spawn also becomes the default for the Allies and is called the "Allied Railgun Assault".

Fueldump
The biggest difficulty when changing this map has been trying to balance the chances to win for both teams. It used to be very difficult for the Allies to win because it was really easy for the Axis to defend and quickly stock up with the nearby health and ammo cabinets. Adding a bridge for the Allies didn't help the balance because it made it very difficult for the Axis to defend against people who used this bridge. Unfortunately after trying to make the bridge constructable/dynamiteable, the same error kept appearing which basically meant that there is a maximum number of objectives you can have on a map and fueldump already has the maximum amount.

In the end I removed the bridge and instead made it so the East Fueldump defences can only be half constructed, this firstly makes it possible for the Axis to access the Fueldump easily and not have to jump over the fence if say the West Fueldump defence got dynamited. However, it means that the Allies can access it just as easily so the Axis will need to focus more on defending the East side of the Fueldump. This also provides an opportunity for the Allies to access the West Fueldump defences and dynamite/satchel it which could also cause a good distraction for the defenders at the West side of the Fueldump. These tactics have been balanced though by allowing the Axis to spawn inside the garage again. The health and ammo cabinets are also not as easy to access as they were before and have been moved inside the Axis barracks. If the Axis go to this, it will now leave the defences of the Fueldump venerable and the Allies can exploit this.

Here are all the changes: Map View
MaTT

Postby JaneX » Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:42 pm

MaTT wrote:Id like to bring people back to this topic, since there's been more changes to these maps now...

Oasis
Not much has changed this map, only the Health and Ammo cabinets on the Axis side near the Anti-tank guns have been moved. They were moved back closer to where the Axis spawn, however they are also at a place where the Allies can access them briefly if they need to. If they stay there too long though, they will get spotted by an Axis player and may be killed.

Here is where they can be found now: Map View

Battery
On this map it was usually impossible for the Allies to even get close to the back door because the Axis could spawn at the East Bunker near the back door as soon as the match started. This has now been changed and Axis can only spawn there when they construct the command post. The battle at the back door will remain intense since when the allies construct the command post, they will not gain a spawn point there. The Allies will usually get to the command post first, but if the Axis manage to construct the command post and they have a good defence force then it basically closes one route for the Allies to take.

This is not the only thing that has changed though, now when the door control generator is destroyed the doors will open around the battery bunker as it should do allowing the Allies more routes to access the gun controls as well as a quicker way to access the bunker itself from the West beach bunker when the Allies capture it.

Goldrush
Taking into consideration the trouble the Allies have on this map, especially around the 2nd tank barrier and getting the Gold crates, this map has changed to address these issues. When the tank reaches the 2nd tank barrier, a message will appear saying "The Axis are struggling to send reinforcements", when this message appears the Axis respawn time will increase to 10 seconds (default is 6). Since the Allies spawn much further away from the bank and the 2nd tank barrier, the respawn time will balance out the distance that the allies have to travel to the objective. After the 2nd gold crate has been loaded onto the truck and the truck sets off, a message will appear saying "The Axis are sending more reinforcements" which means that the respawn time switches back to normal (6) for the Axis.

Radar
The HP/ammo hut outside the forward bunker next to the road (named the Road Hut) now allows Axis to spawn there (but not by default! Axis need to click the flag on the limbo map). When the Allied flag is captured then the default spawn for the Axis does switch to the Road Hut, this stops the impossible bottleneck that the Allies can create when the Axis are trying to get through the Axis door to defuse the main entrance dynamite. It also eliminates the long distance the Axis have to travel which gave the Allies the advantage; this won't make things difficult for the Allies, just a lot less easy. However, when the main entrance is destroyed the Axis can no longer spawn in the Road hut and spawn in their usual garage at the back of the map.

The Axis spawn at the side entrance has also been changed, the Axis now cannot spawn there at the start of the map and must construct the command post first in order to spawn there. There was also a bug that this fixes that the majority of the Axis spawned at the side entrance when the map started when they are supposed to spawn in the forward bunker. When the side entrance is destroyed, the Axis can no longer spawn at that command post, even if it is constructed for them. When the Allies construct the command post, they gain a spawn there where the Axis used to be able to spawn.

I plan to add more to this map later since I feel this is the worst original map in ET and very biased towards the Allies. I'm also thinking of adding back the objective to destroy the radar stations, but i'm still figuring out how it could avoid the problem it encountered before.

Railgun
I've noticed on this map a couple issues that have been addressed. Number one is the over-powered and buggy spawn location at the command post. This has now been removed and neither team can spawn there anymore. Secondly is the fact that when the Axis load the second ammo train, it makes it easy for the Axis to win from that point because of the distance the Allies have to travel. From this, a new spawn has been added in front of the railgun for the Allies, which is only available when the second ammo train has been loaded. When the second ammo train is loaded a message appears saying "The Allies are assaulting the Railgun directly!", this spawn also becomes the default for the Allies and is called the "Allied Railgun Assault".

Fueldump
The biggest difficulty when changing this map has been trying to balance the chances to win for both teams. It used to be very difficult for the Allies to win because it was really easy for the Axis to defend and quickly stock up with the nearby health and ammo cabinets. Adding a bridge for the Allies didn't help the balance because it made it very difficult for the Axis to defend against people who used this bridge. Unfortunately after trying to make the bridge constructable/dynamiteable, the same error kept appearing which basically meant that there is a maximum number of objectives you can have on a map and fueldump already has the maximum amount.

In the end I removed the bridge and instead made it so the East Fueldump defences can only be half constructed, this firstly makes it possible for the Axis to access the Fueldump easily and not have to jump over the fence if say the West Fueldump defence got dynamited. However, it means that the Allies can access it just as easily so the Axis will need to focus more on defending the East side of the Fueldump. This also provides an opportunity for the Allies to access the West Fueldump defences and dynamite/satchel it which could also cause a good distraction for the defenders at the West side of the Fueldump. These tactics have been balanced though by allowing the Axis to spawn inside the garage again. The health and ammo cabinets are also not as easy to access as they were before and have been moved inside the Axis barracks. If the Axis go to this, it will now leave the defences of the Fueldump venerable and the Allies can exploit this.

Here are all the changes: Map View

Great changes! :D
This will really improve the maps :P

Great job!
"Force and mind are opposites, morality ends where a gun begins."
JaneX

Favourite Weapon: Thompson
Wolfenstein ET Name: #ET|JaneX|
Steam Name: Enormex
Clan Wars: 2