Changes to maps

#ET|NoDownload|
62.210.115.183:27960 // et.etclan.net:27960

Changes to maps

Postby MaTT » Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:23 pm

Hello everyone!

You may or may not have noticed yet that there have been some changes to the maps on Nodownload, here I am to explain these changes.
You see, on some maps at some points it is biased to one team (for example Goldrush - when the truck gets past the first barrier, it is difficult for the Axis to stop it from then on) and on some other maps there are points where it's difficult for a team to get health and ammo from cabinets because the other team controls the only health and ammo cabinets (for example Oasis - the allies control the old city health and ammo cabinets while the Axis have nothing and rely on Medics and Field Ops. A lot has now changes in these maps to make them more balanced for both teams and to make them more exciting.

Oasis
    On this map, the Axis now have health and ammo boxes near the anti-tank guns.

Battery
    On this map, there is now health and ammo boxes at the back of the forward bunker.

Goldrush
    This is the first map that has changed significantly, but everything changes when the truck goes past the first truck barrier. The Allies loose all of their current spawn-points and now spawn in the top floor of the building next to the bridge. The Axis also loose all of their spawn-points and now spawn in the tank depot yard outside where the Allies used to spawn. Between truck barrier #1 and the MG42 nest up the hill, the truck now moves slower as if it is struggling up the hill with the heavy weight of the gold bars.

Radar
    On this map, the Axis have an initial spawn-point at the side entrance when the match starts. However this spawn point disappears when the side entrance is dynamited. In the side entrance is also some new health and ammo cabinets. On this map there is also a new objective! As well as having to steal the radar parts and get them onto the truck, the Allies must also dynamite both the spinning radar stations (Freya Radars), damaging them to win the game.

Railgun
    On this map, nothing much has changed. The Raingun firing controls can now be destroyed by a Covert Ops satchel charge as well as dynamite. Also, when the command post inside the bunker is constructed, the team that constructed it gains a new spawn point in the bunker (although you need to select it in the limbo menu to spawn at it!).

Fueldump
    On this map, a significant amount has been changed. First of all, when the tank passes the ammo hut near their first spawn, they gain a spawn-point there so they can get into the action quicker (although you need to select it in the limbo menu to spawn at it!). Secondly, when the Axis command post is constructed the axis gain a spawn-point in that hut (although you need to select it in the limbo menu to spawn at it!) until the tank destroys the tunnel doors - then the command post spawn-point is lost. Stairs have been added to the northern-most part of the tunnel bunker just outside and Health and ammo boxes can be found inside the tunnel bunker and at the eastern side of the fuel dump. A new spawn-point in the fuel dump garage is also available for the Axis to get into the action quicker. All you wall jumpers won't like the next bit! There is an anti-wall jump mechanism added at the fuel dump compound wall to stop you pesky wall jumpers!

http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd4 ... ump_cc.png

Enjoy! :D

With regards,
ETernal Clan Leading-Team
MaTT

Home-Game: Wolfenstein Enemy Territory
Favourite Weapon: 1.75 Turbo
Wolfenstein ET Name: #ET|TitaN*|
Steam Name: Mattipoika
Clan Wars: 0

Re: Changes to maps

Postby Ziltoid » Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:42 pm

Well done and great explanation Matt!

Made by Numel

~~GOD OF MASTURBATION~~
Ziltoid

Wolfenstein ET Name: #ET|Ziltoid
Steam Name: Ziltoid

Postby FuRious » Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:34 pm

Great job MaTT :D

However, we have a problem.
Indeed, sometimes I find that some players (even members) do not understand what to do once the two radar parts were stolen.
Also, when a player goes on the serverand that the match have already started, he does not see what radar remains to destroy because they are not destroyable but only damagable.
Obviously, since this change, this card is more interresting to play but sometimes I see players who leave to the server because not knowing what to do after the first goal completed.
Of course, when I'm on the server, I strive to explain this to everyone but it's not a long term solution.
I wonder how can we guide players on our server so that this objective is as clear as possible.

If someone has an idea about it that would be great. :D

Anyway, i personally like better this map now :P

For the rest and for now all is perfect. :cool:

FuRious

Favourite Weapon: My Knife
Wolfenstein ET Name: #ET|FuRi@u$|
Steam Name: etfurious1

Postby Ziltoid » Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:38 pm

Hmm you're right about that. Is there a way we can fix that? I hope there is, but I have no idea to be honest..

Made by Numel

~~GOD OF MASTURBATION~~
Ziltoid

Postby Sharky » Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:52 pm

I like all changes except radar :S
Furi already told why.
Sharky

Favourite Weapon: Pepe
Wolfenstein ET Name: #ET|$harky|
Steam Name: Sharkadactyl

Postby Unit » Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:56 pm

I don't have any idea how to fix that either,sorry :P

But great job Matt! Certainly makes it more fun :D

"People die if they are killed" - A philosopher of the ages.
Unit

Wolfenstein ET Name: #ET|The Gnome
Steam Name: Unitron

Postby FuRious » Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:08 pm

Uhm maybe we can add a script text in the map script that warn everyone, idk...

FuRious

Favourite Weapon: My Knife
Wolfenstein ET Name: #ET|FuRi@u$|
Steam Name: etfurious1

Postby Unit » Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:29 pm

Maybe, or add it into the objectives list? :P

"People die if they are killed" - A philosopher of the ages.
Unit

Wolfenstein ET Name: #ET|The Gnome
Steam Name: Unitron

Postby Ziltoid » Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:41 pm

I don't think many people actually read those. After 11 years I think most people know the objectives of old maps, so they won't read the objectives over again.

Made by Numel

~~GOD OF MASTURBATION~~
Ziltoid

Postby MaTT » Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:42 pm

I was worried about this problem with radar, but I added it just to see what would happen. Unfortunately, it is impossible to remove the radars after they've been dynamited so they can only be 'damaged' (technical: Because the func_rotating brushes that make up the radars do not have a target value, it is impossible to target them to become invisible when the dynamite brush is destroyed).

The idea Furious came up with about adding may not be a bad idea; when the main entrance or side entrance is destroyed a message will appear in red telling the players they need to dynamite the radars. Unfortunately adding this to the objectives that you switch through in the Limbo Menu at the bottom isn't done through map scripts and players will need to download the changed files :think: .

I'll add a message and see how it goes from there, if there are still problems please report them back here and I might have to remove these objectives.
MaTT

Favourite Weapon: 1.75 Turbo
Wolfenstein ET Name: #ET|TitaN*|
Steam Name: Mattipoika

Next

Return to NoDownload - ET 3.00

• Advertisement