An issue with GunDALF

Any issues with our game servers, forum or admins? Banned in our server or forum? Post here.

Re: An issue with GunDALF

Postby DarKMyst » Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:52 am

hello guys,

It is maybe a late reaction, but i am not that long a member. Unfair teams as GunDalf calls it.Always been an issue over the years this game and other games like this exists. Many actions ( like the leaders are saying ) can be taken, but i guarantee you, there will be always people that complain about it. Other choices are possible for everyone that is not happy about it. Join another clan that has more strict rules. ( i know about one. ) But then I also can tell you, you are more busy with checking out the teams and not having fun with playing. And you should know, if you are honest about it, admins are players too and will not and can not check the server/teams every damn second if the teams are even. There is another issue also like I said in one of my posts.........axis has 9 players and allies has 6 players. You probably would join allies ( real players or bots is another issue ) But.........if you would check with the command /scores you see that allies score is much higher then axis score...........so....what is the weaker team????
Also the Bots issue and real players. Maybe the skills of the bots are no issue for you, but many players ( like me ) are not as skilled as some other players and they find the skillsetting of the bots to high and leave the server. So, before you start to say that server settings or admins are not right, investigate first, try to see allthe options and try to see the goal of this clan. The goal is FUN! And finding a balance is very difficult, because we are playing with humans and not all BOTS!!
Try first to take some distance from what YOU want and try to see/feel what the majority wants.
Again, we all have our own experiences and preferences ( excuse my gramma,I am Dutch ) If you want things to change, don`t start to wine about it, come with solutions and I am sure that the leaders of this clan are willing to look at it and change it if it fit in the Clan`s goal.!

Sorry, had to get this stone of me, being Dutch also means...........having my heart on my tongue.!

Moderator feel free to remove or edit this post if it is not right . :neutral:
DarKMyst

Home-Game: Wolfenstein Enemy Territory
Favourite Weapon: grenade launcher
Wolfenstein ET Name: #ET|DarKMyst
Clan Wars: 0

Postby DarKMyst » Tue Apr 12, 2016 10:05 am

Just slap me, if i stick my nose where it doesn`t belong.
DarKMyst

Postby ProLama » Tue Apr 12, 2016 10:34 am

Hey DarkMyst,
We are trying to balance teams when any admin is online, sometimes I'm switching team few times while one map to keep balance up. It's hard to keep that all the time, some people doesn't like to play in axis or allies and they trying to join just their favourite team and doesn't care about balance. We can't make them to play in teams they don't like. That's why when I suggest to add "auto !shuffle" after every map most of people dennied it.
I experienced many times when I was asking people to balance teams, but they almost never listen to me, but !shuffle works in that kind of situations. I think you have to get used to that or when teams are not ballanced just join spectator and wait till someone switch to other team :)

About bots, it's first time when I heard about someone think they are too strong. In my opinion they are fine and if they are strong, it's better to train against harder verion of bots than useless ones :D
ProLama

Favourite Weapon: Thompson
Wolfenstein ET Name: #ET|ProLama'
Clan Wars: 5

Postby Outblast » Tue Apr 12, 2016 11:07 am

DarkMyst. give it a few days or weeks and you'll be doing 30+ killing sprees against bots. As Veteran said, I also switch teams over the course of a night/day when gaming to keep things even. Thats why i think its important to have clan members playing and balancing things "manually". !shuffle is great :)
Outblast

Favourite Weapon: Firing for effect!
Wolfenstein ET Name: #ET|Outblast|

Postby DarKMyst » Tue Apr 12, 2016 11:10 am

Hey veteran, thanks for your reply. I have no issue with it, i am used to worser situations and don`t see the problem Gundalf was talking about, or the reactions at it. I am only refering to the fact.....you can`t make everyone happy........you grant someones wishes, another one will be unhappy.
Trying to make a map cycle that offers for axis and allies an balanced attack/defense cycleis hard, because there are always people having there own preferences for a team. So, to resume.........my post is not against any admin or the way the clan functions, or against any player/member. Go to any other clan and you probably will find the same problem.
DarKMyst

Postby DarKMyst » Tue Apr 12, 2016 11:22 am

THX Matt,

No issues with bots myself, i know you can set their levels, but i know some people ( in my past clan history )are wining about levels of the bots. I am maybe not a good shooter, but i often just like to use simple tactics and being a sneaky *******./.. :lool: And as you maybe noticed like to talk a lot and sticking my nose where it doesn`t belong :P
DarKMyst

Postby PrInCe » Tue Apr 12, 2016 11:45 am

Please DarkMyst, take care about double posting, use EDIT button.
And about the unbalanced teams, i'm done with it, and already replied to you in another topic.

If you have any problems, feel free to contact me by PM, we will try to find a solution.
PrInCe
Suspended

Wolfenstein ET Name: #ET|PrInCe|
Steam Name: PrInCe
Clan Wars: 4

Postby DarKMyst » Tue Apr 12, 2016 12:11 pm

My excuses for that Prince. Like I stated, i have no real issues with unbalanced team, because i can deal with it myself by joining the weaker team. And you said edit? I only see quote and report? Or is quote used in the same way as reply?

oh s**t, i see it,will look with eyes next time and not with nose.
DarKMyst

Postby Outblast » Tue Apr 12, 2016 12:13 pm

PrInCe wrote:Please DarkMyst, take care about double posting, use EDIT button.
And about the unbalanced teams, i'm done with it, and already replied to you in another topic.

he agreed with us
Outblast

Favourite Weapon: Firing for effect!
Wolfenstein ET Name: #ET|Outblast|

Previous

Return to Issues & Ban Appeals

• Advertisement