An issue with GunDALF

Any issues with our game servers, forum or admins? Banned in our server or forum? Post here.

Re: An issue with GunDALF

Postby Straw » Fri Dec 25, 2015 6:52 pm

Your choice to go somewhere else. We don't want 'skilled' player or however you call them. We just want people to have fun. We've always been with the "welcome everyone" philosophy and we never targeted any particular kind of player.

There's a vote to shuffle teams, you can always ask them if they could swap to make the game better for everyone. I understand that they don't always care but what should we do as an Admin ? Shuffling teams annoys most of the players (if not all). So we try to avoid that. Second possibility would be to swap only one person (or several, depends...), but who ?

Anyway, back to the original topic, calling "idiots" people you don't know is not a smart thing imo. Even if it's humour, some will get it, some others not, it depends on the person.

Cheers
User avatar
Straw
.
 
Posts: 8434
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:35 pm
Location: France, Laval
Home-Game: Counter Strike - Global Offensive
Favourite Weapon: Spoon
Wolfenstein ET Name: #ET|Straw|
Steam Name: Mansikka
Clan Wars: 1

Re: An issue with GunDALF

Postby PrInCe » Fri Dec 25, 2015 7:27 pm

I will not argue too much, or start a discussion because it's a waste of time.. But it's not the first time we saw you insulting peoples on server, called them "noob" or "idiots", always complaining about teams, but only when it's not on your advantage, so it's little funny. About unfair teams, when i'm on server i try to make it fair, and sometimes i shuffle at the start of a new map, for it can't be annoying for players. But in my opinion, it's really not a big deal and you make it as a big issue, by complaining, and insulting, and you know that it's not the good solution and that it's not allowed on our server, because we try to have a good atmosphere. We are not a skilled server, we play for fun and for relax, we really don't care to attract skilled players, so if you won't come back, it's your own choice. But I only banned you for 3 days, that mean you are always welcome on our server if you change your behavior. Be sure that instead of that, we have nothing against you.

Regards,
PrInCe.
Image


If you have any problems, feel free to contact me by PM, we will try to find a solution.
User avatar
PrInCe
Suspended
 
Posts: 3113
Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:47 pm
Location: France, Grenoble
Home-Game: Wolfenstein Enemy Territory
Wolfenstein ET Name: #ET|PrInCe|
Steam Name: PrInCe
Clan Wars: 4

Re: An issue with GunDALF

Postby FuRious » Fri Dec 25, 2015 7:33 pm

Insulting people freely in a public place like the server is, is not the best way to make understand a player to switch the team..
I know you since a while GunDALF and i know (think) you are a good guy inside of you.
Also, i know that feeling about uneven teams, but we are not going to force anyone to change his team if he don't want (at least for now because we are working on it).
This server exist to get fun only with each others and certainly not to give free insults.
For now, you are banned for 3 days the time to calm all of this. Once this period over you are free to come back with a better mood or then just move away, it's your choice, because everyone is welcome to have fun. :)

With best regards.
Image

Image

Image

Image
User avatar
FuRious
.
 
Posts: 8150
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:22 pm
Location: France, Lyon
Home-Game: Wolfenstein Enemy Territory
Favourite Weapon: My Knife
Wolfenstein ET Name: #ET|FuRi@u$|
Steam Name: etfurious1
Clan Wars: 0

Re: An issue with GunDALF

Postby GunDALF » Fri Jan 01, 2016 2:58 pm

OK, I read your opinions, but nobody proposed a solution to the "uneven teams" issue. You all spoke like the politicians, empty words. You claim that you are moralits by giving me lessons of behaviour... only because I said the (deserved) word idiot to some... players.
How you can designate a player who see that a team has 2 players and another has 4 players and he still joins the stronger team, that having 4 players? It's a widespread behaviour, especially to good players. The problem would be less annoying if only bad players would behave so.
You talk about fun... you play only for fun. Say that to one who plays 2 vs. 4-5-6 or more. Where is the fun? On the other hand, I can't understant players who plays in (much) stronger team, versus few (1-2-3) players and BOTS, the rest of the team. What the fck fun is to play against BOTS, to kill BOTS? To play without FAIR PLAY? How do you designate those players? I tell you: IDIOTS. The biggest one is this one who opened this thread...

Happy new year!
User avatar
GunDALF
.
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri Dec 25, 2015 3:18 pm
Location: Romania
Home-Game: Wolfenstein Enemy Territory
Clan Wars: 0

Re: An issue with GunDALF

Postby FuRious » Fri Jan 01, 2016 6:59 pm

GunDALF,

Because you seem a very intelligent person, I think you could help us solve this problem instead to force anyone to change his team.
So I'll wait for the answer you're going to bring with impatience because I and we have worked hard on this issue for that players "like you" enjoys more on the server.
Unfortunately, there is no real way to solve this with the latest version of Omnibot.
Talking about it for hours and criticizing is easy and will not solve the problem.
Acting with concrete solutions will help much indeed.
Image

Image

Image

Image
User avatar
FuRious
.
 
Posts: 8150
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:22 pm
Location: France, Lyon
Home-Game: Wolfenstein Enemy Territory
Favourite Weapon: My Knife
Wolfenstein ET Name: #ET|FuRi@u$|
Steam Name: etfurious1
Clan Wars: 0

Re: An issue with GunDALF

Postby Fenrir » Fri Jan 01, 2016 7:33 pm

Is there anyway to auto-shuffle teams at new rounds start? Sure, we cant force any player to play in this or that team but a shuffle would bring new excitment... New teammates, new foes, new game.. Cause I agree with gundalf in the point that most of the players stay in that team what they joined first... So,if theres a way to do the autoshuffle, we should get some opinions about it :up: :)
Image

“We can't stop here, this is bat country!”
― Hunter S. Thompson, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
#ET||

Image

Image
User avatar
Fenrir
.
 
Posts: 1090
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:38 pm
Location: Germany, Bavaria
Home-Game: Wolfenstein Enemy Territory
Favourite Weapon: K98-k
Wolfenstein ET Name: #ET|Fenrir|FO
Clan Wars: 2

Re: An issue with GunDALF

Postby FuRious » Fri Jan 01, 2016 8:56 pm

PrInCe wrote: But it's not the first time we saw you insulting peoples on server, called them "noob" or "idiots", always complaining about teams, but only when it's not on your advantage, so it's little funny. But I only banned you for 3 days, that mean you are always welcome on our server if you change your behavior. Be sure that instead of that, we have nothing against you.

Regards,
PrInCe.


+1

Glory wrote:Is there anyway to auto-shuffle teams at new rounds start? Sure, we cant force any player to play in this or that team but a shuffle would bring new excitment... New teammates, new foes, new game.. Cause I agree with gundalf in the point that most of the players stay in that team what they joined first... So,if theres a way to do the autoshuffle, we should get some opinions about it :up: :)



It's possible to do that with a script but most of players disconnects once the map is loaded (so once the shuffle is done) and it will not solve the issue at all because during the map, players connects, disconnects and keep changing teams.
It will be kinda useless in my opinion. :)
Image

Image

Image

Image
User avatar
FuRious
.
 
Posts: 8150
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:22 pm
Location: France, Lyon
Home-Game: Wolfenstein Enemy Territory
Favourite Weapon: My Knife
Wolfenstein ET Name: #ET|FuRi@u$|
Steam Name: etfurious1
Clan Wars: 0

Re: An issue with GunDALF

Postby Fenrir » Sat Jan 02, 2016 10:46 am

But wasnt there an option to auto-move players why joined a already advantaged tean? Thr "you will be moved in another team" message? Or is this either not possible because of omnibot?
Image

“We can't stop here, this is bat country!”
― Hunter S. Thompson, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
#ET||

Image

Image
User avatar
Fenrir
.
 
Posts: 1090
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:38 pm
Location: Germany, Bavaria
Home-Game: Wolfenstein Enemy Territory
Favourite Weapon: K98-k
Wolfenstein ET Name: #ET|Fenrir|FO
Clan Wars: 2

Re: An issue with GunDALF

Postby GunDALF » Sun Jan 03, 2016 4:00 pm

Furious,
Thanks for your kind comment.
I never administrated a server, but if I would have done it, I gladly would help to improve the experience on this server. But I played on other server and there were two ways to maintain the discipline (read FAIR PLAY):
1. settings of the server, I mean a player couldn't join the team having more HUMAN players, always this team had a BOT extra.
2. more mods/admins having the power to even teams despite the preferences of one or other. Learn (and apply) from the philosophy of vulcanian Spock: "The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few".
If you manage to apply these rules, your server could become one of the best. Of course, if you add some new maps. Lol.
User avatar
GunDALF
.
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri Dec 25, 2015 3:18 pm
Location: Romania
Home-Game: Wolfenstein Enemy Territory
Clan Wars: 0

Re: An issue with GunDALF

Postby FuRious » Sun Jan 03, 2016 5:21 pm

GunDALF wrote:Furious,
Thanks for your kind comment.
I never administrated a server, but if I would have done it, I gladly would help to improve the experience on this server. But I played on other server and there were two ways to maintain the discipline (read FAIR PLAY):
1. settings of the server, I mean a player couldn't join the team having more HUMAN players, always this team had a BOT extra.

After many researchs, it's not possible with the lastest omnibot version or maybe only by recoding the Lua code (which is bad)
GunDALF wrote:2. more mods/admins having the power to even teams despite the preferences of one or other. Learn (and apply) from the philosophy of vulcanian Spock: "The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few".

We already improved it, now every moderators + has the power to !shuffle (we don't consider us as a big clan yet).
This command will remain at every trusted members (moderators+), because if this one is too much abused it can be very annoying and then decrease the amount of players. :)

GunDALF wrote:If you manage to apply these rules, your server could become one of the best. Of course, if you add some new maps. Lol.


We are managing all of we can but it's not that easy to make everyone happy (without rage quit etc.. :p).
About adding new maps, I have nothing against that but we failed twice in the past (adding a new popular map instead of Radar).
Image

Image

Image

Image
User avatar
FuRious
.
 
Posts: 8150
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:22 pm
Location: France, Lyon
Home-Game: Wolfenstein Enemy Territory
Favourite Weapon: My Knife
Wolfenstein ET Name: #ET|FuRi@u$|
Steam Name: etfurious1
Clan Wars: 0

PreviousNext

Return to Issues & Ban Appeals

  • Advertisement