My equipment/ The PC building thread

Get Help, Tips & Tutorials on Using Your Computer.

Re: My equipment/ The PC building thread

Postby Outblast » Fri May 20, 2016 6:57 am

hey dudes, im trying to get out of the cave and go back to having a desktop PC. My budget is small due to many expenses but i think i can still find something that could support modern games (most importantly oldies but goodie). My budget is roughly 200 euros or 800zl
Ive found this option however i dont know much about AMD as i never had one.

PROCESOR
AMD Phenom II X4 QuadCore 3.2GHz Black Edition !

Geforce GTX 560 TI (i had 550 in the past so i know this isnt bad)

HDD 500 GB
SSD Kingston 64 GB

psu 500W

http://img20.staticclassifieds.com/imag ... djecia.jpg

http://img21.staticclassifieds.com/imag ... onarne.jpg

http://img21.staticclassifieds.com/imag ... seczno.jpg

thought or keep looking?
Outblast

Home-Game: Wolfenstein Enemy Territory
Favourite Weapon: Firing for effect!
Wolfenstein ET Name: #ET|Outblast|
Clan Wars: 5

Postby DarKMyst » Fri May 20, 2016 8:39 am

Hi Outblast,

I am not the one with the most knowlewdge, just a little bit experience with building. I think Matt is the one with a lot of knowledge. is the processor capable for your motherboard? Right socket and did you look if it can be on your motherboard? ( maybe post your motherboards modelname/number and then we can look if there is a better choice/price processor. ) Graphic card, does your psu have the right cables to connect your graphic card? ( does the graphic card has 6 en 8 pins power connectors or 4 en 6 ?) What is told to me and is a bit experience, a power supply can be 1000watt and still be unstable. A 400 watt can be enough and stable . I always look at the two 12 volt rails ameperage. If that is high enough something like 25 30 amp range. I dont say it is something sciencely prooven, but i learned that by trial and error and a lot of reading about psu`s.

Maybe Matt thinkd otherwise, but he has more experience then me and can be more specific with choosing his parts. Simple reason............he works hard to collect the money for the parts he wants and I have to collect from what comes in ( can be good or just good enough ) So, be more specific about your motherboard, psu, videocard and cooling of your PC. And I am sure there will be an answer.
DarKMyst

Favourite Weapon: grenade launcher
Wolfenstein ET Name: #ET|DarKMyst
Clan Wars: 0

Postby Outblast » Fri May 20, 2016 8:44 am

I think you miss read me mate, this is a used built computer and not parts. its all in there. Im just not sure about that CPU

edit
contestant number 2 is this:
procesor 6x 3.50 ghz AMD FX 3 months old

- 700 gb hdd
- 8gb ddr 3 3 3 months old
- psu 600w
- mobo asus m5a78l-m 3 months old.
- no GPU but the price is 600zl which means i could pick a card myself if this set up is better than in the previous post
Outblast

Postby DarKMyst » Fri May 20, 2016 10:37 am

Hi Outblast, I have the same mobo......lol.....but no processor for it yet.! I assume that processor was already built in? Looked up the specs of that board and supported processors, I did see the fx cpu 6300 what is a 6 core and 3.5 GHZ is that the one? FX-6300(FD6300WMW6KHK),3.5GHz,6C,95W,rev.C0,AM3+ ?

What the graphic card means, it is just what you can/want to buy for the money you can/want to spent.
IF......your powersupply can handle the connections ( 6-8 pins or 4-6 pins. and enough power on the 12 volt rails. You can buy cables to get a 6-8 connection if your psu does not support it. ) But that fx 6300 or the fx 4300 is what I want for my board.......if yours is the 6 core fx 6300, then you have a good one!. You could run any game with the right graphic card.
DarKMyst

Postby Outblast » Fri May 20, 2016 11:25 am

im not going to bother building a pc, just buy a used one. of all the offers in my price range,those two i posted grabbed my attention. essentially they are similar priced if i was to buy GTX 560 superatlety fpr tje second option
Outblast

Postby DarKMyst » Fri May 20, 2016 11:27 am

I would go for the second one
DarKMyst

Postby MaTT » Fri May 20, 2016 4:03 pm

That CPU is decent for a budget build to be honest, I used a Phenom II X4 965 black edition in my first PC build and I managed to get decent performance from most modern games on medium and even high graphic settings with the gpu combo I had.

Unfortunately I was an AMD person before and I moved to NVIDIA with their 900 Maxwell series, so I don't know much about previous generations, but if you're confident the gpu you have is good then go for it, you should do a bit of research to see if the CPU isn't a bottleneck for the GPU though, but I don't think you should have any issues.

The hard drive storage is enough if you don't plan to download much or install a lot of games, and you can never go wrong with an SSD; any SSD is a massive upgrade over a hard drive.

I'll assume the PSU is enough for it to work, but you must be weary of of the dangers of a cheap/inferior PSU; it's a rare occurrence, but they could damage some of your components or even catch alight.

I'll post my thoughts on the second choice a bit later when I'm at home, but that also looks like a good choice; it looks like it depends on what kind of graphics card you can get for the second one, otherwise that might be a good choice.
MaTT

Favourite Weapon: 1.4 Turbo
Wolfenstein ET Name: #ET|TitaN*|
Steam Name: Mattipoika

Postby Outblast » Fri May 20, 2016 10:04 pm

Im leaning towards the first option as it is withing driving distance. That way I won't have to count on postage and not being able to test it before i buy it.
Thanks on the rud down, i know very little about AMD in general.
Outblast

Postby Ege » Tue Jun 21, 2016 3:33 pm

Any problems? Always here to help you, PM me anytime!
Clan Wars ~ Announcements ~ Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

Ege

Home-Game: Counter Strike - Global Offensive
Favourite Weapon: MAC-10
Steam Name: Ege
Clan Wars: 2

Postby DisColow » Tue Jun 21, 2016 6:58 pm

I heard the new ATI video card has a very good price / performance ratio, maybe you should check it out!
DisColow

Favourite Weapon: Push
Wolfenstein ET Name: #ET|DisColow|M2S
Clan Wars: 2

PreviousNext

Return to Hardware/Software

• Advertisement