My equipment/ The PC building thread

Get Help, Tips & Tutorials on Using Your Computer.

My equipment/ The PC building thread

Postby DarKMyst » Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:19 am

Hello guys,

Taking the risk to make a long post ( as usual ) :lol:

I am one of the players building PC`s from different parts from recycling shops,or got it from friends or bought for cheap. I know there are chatrooms, or gaming help topics all around, but is it possible to setup a seperate chatroom where people directly can chat while they are working on settings or building a PC and running into problems or have problems to get the stuff running. ( mainly for the game they are running.) I know a tiny bit about PC`s, just enough to built one and to encounter some problems. I learned a bit by trial and error and throwing the bloody thing through the window. ;)
But on the subject of gamesettings or parts that would improve the gaming experience i know not much.
I have seen different equipments from players and some of them are only in my dreams.LMAO. Well deserved money of course and having certain priorities. I also know that these top gaming PC`s have advantages over the cheaper PC`s. Are there members willing to be online and chat directly with members that are struggling to make there ( crappy ) PC running at top performance. Maybe Skype could bring in some way to have direct help? I know there are members that know a lot about gaming and all the problems you can run into. Maybe it is even possible to have a kind of trading room where people can offer parts for a member friendly price to make there ( crappy ) equipment run a bit better. Of course i will get the answer..........place a topic in gaming help with your question. Yeah, it is a good way......but ........ maybe i didn`t bring this in the right way, but have some thoughts about it and try to read between the lines and you probably know what I mean even when i bring it a bit unclear. :think:
I think some members would be happy if something could be done. Even when there are possibilities around on this forum for this subject.

Thx in advance.

DarkyBoy
DarKMyst

Home-Game: Wolfenstein Enemy Territory
Favourite Weapon: grenade launcher
Wolfenstein ET Name: #ET|DarKMyst
Clan Wars: 0

Re: my equipment

Postby Outblast » Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:13 am

I think a thread in the software/hardware section is what you are after. it wouldnt hurt to start one about building PC's if you would like to contribute in it.
Outblast

Favourite Weapon: Firing for effect!
Wolfenstein ET Name: #ET|Outblast|
Clan Wars: 5

Postby BenZin » Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:15 am

matt. wrote:I think a thread in the software/hardware section is what you are after. it wouldnt hurt to start one about building PC's if you would like to contribute in it.

What he says :p
BenZin

Favourite Weapon: MP40
Wolfenstein ET Name: #ET|bENZJE
Dirty Bomb Name: BenZin
Steam Name: svenythezero
Clan Wars: 1

Postby Ege » Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:19 am

Moved
Any problems? Always here to help you, PM me anytime!
Clan Wars ~ Announcements ~ Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

Ege

Home-Game: Counter Strike - Global Offensive
Favourite Weapon: MAC-10
Steam Name: Ege
Clan Wars: 2

Postby Outblast » Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:17 am

So what have you got DarkMyst?
Outblast

Postby MaTT » Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:27 am

If you need any advice about custom-built PC setups, I'm your man. :P
MaTT

Favourite Weapon: 1.4 Turbo
Wolfenstein ET Name: #ET|TitaN*|
Steam Name: Mattipoika

Postby DarKMyst » Fri Apr 22, 2016 1:39 pm

http://i1370.photobucket.com/albums/ag2 ... 0vzklp.jpg

mouse is a gembird with programmable buttons,but is a cheapy one and does not work nice.

have a logitech mx revolutions,it did works perfectly for over 10 years, but battery died.

Please some advice, i also have a q6600 intel that can be installed, but I wonder if that would give a great improvement. Helas my amd phenom x4 dropped and pins were bend. Trying to make them straight, guess what...........broke off.
DarKMyst

Re: My equipment/ The PC building thread

Postby Outblast » Fri Apr 22, 2016 1:47 pm

Thats a nice GPU you have there, however that CPU must be a bottleneck for it.

Thread name changed to explain this topic better.
Outblast

Postby DarKMyst » Fri Apr 22, 2016 2:00 pm

have another one,RADEON xfx R/7970 3gb, but had some problems with the cooling. After a week or so it started to switch off because to hot. Changed the cooling paste, but have to test it again. Any advice what cpu would not be a bottleneck for the 2gb or the 3gb?
DarKMyst

Postby MaTT » Fri Apr 22, 2016 2:42 pm

If something is overheating it could be a number of sources. The fan(s) not working may be an obvious one to check first. Make sure your computer case is clear of dust as well, dust not only stops cold air getting to components but auto acts as insulation which traps heat in. Dust may also pose a fire hazard if you get very unlucky. You also need to make sure your computer has sufficient air intake. For your components holes or mesh in the side or front of the case should be sufficient. Of course another reason could be that the GPU is exceeding the power output of your power supply when going over a specific power usage.

Unfortunately there isn't many processors you can upgrade to on a Bearlake G33 motherboard; looking at the high end CPUs for that motherboard, your best bet for an upgrade may be the Core 2 E8600. You could also try getting a better CPU cooler and overclocking it to get better performance from it. You may also need a new power supply if you do that though, but as I said before, the shutdown problems you're having may be a lack of PSU power.
MaTT

Favourite Weapon: 1.4 Turbo
Wolfenstein ET Name: #ET|TitaN*|
Steam Name: Mattipoika

Next

Return to Hardware/Software

• Advertisement