How do I get ET to work on Ubuntu 12.04?

Get Help, Tips & Tutorials on Using Your Computer.

Re: How do I get ET to work on Ubuntu 12.04?

Postby Unit » Sat May 31, 2014 10:36 pm

Metallica wrote:
Unitron wrote:
Metallica wrote:Just curious, but why did you choose Linux? :P I installed it a while ago, but can't really seem to find why I should use it. Maybe you can change my mind :P

Well, I honestly still prefer Windows XP to Linux, but I had to re-image my computer because I had a bad hard drive and then XP isn't supported anymore :P

Linux is nice though, WINE(Windows Emulator) works well; however, for games that don't work without the disk you need to get no-cd cracks for them :P

and they have a great selection of games for free-download in the software center, they even have Wolf3D. :)

If I could choose any OS though, I would still choose XP :P

About Windows XP; you do realize it's not supported, thus not safe to use anymore? If a breach is found by hackers or something, Microsoft won't bring out updates to fix it. This means you're in bigger 'danger' of getting hacked or something. Installing Windows 7 or 8 would be a good thing to do :P

I know that XP isn't supported anymore, that's why I said IF I could choose any OS I prefer XP :P

"People die if they are killed" - A philosopher of the ages.
Unit

Home-Game: Wolfenstein Enemy Territory
Favourite Weapon: Super Shotgun
Wolfenstein ET Name: #ET|Unit
Steam Name: Unitron
Clan Wars: 0

Postby Pan » Thu Jun 05, 2014 1:05 am

I honestly think that getting a new computer is an easier option then trying to continue using your beaten up computer, Uni. :idk:
Ubuntu is known to have some glitches, and you can't download Windows 7-8, so just hope you get a new computer. :S
Member and Collaborator of the MetalMusicArchives since July 12, 2014.
http://www.metalmusicarchives.com/member/aglasshouse
Friend me on Steam if you want to talk more!

My music blog: http://fryingpanmedia.blogspot.com/

Primary signature made by Numel
Pan

Home-Game: Clash of Clans
Favourite Weapon: The pencil, to strike down the uncreative.
Wolfenstein ET Name: #ET|PaN|ED
Steam Name: glasshouse

Postby MaTT » Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:29 am

PaN wrote:I honestly think that getting a new computer is an easier option then trying to continue using your beaten up computer, Uni. :idk:

I agree getting a new computer is always the best option, especially when your computer still runs Windows XP (generally speaking). You may think "I don't have enough money for a new computer", but you don't need to buy a pre-made computer that costs €600 or something ridiculous like that. You can in fact build a computer yourself for a fraction of that price. Building a new computer is not easy and sometimes it can take a while to get everything right, but a DIY computer can cost you €200 for the same specs as a pre-built one at €600. For example, my computer is custom built and only cost me about £250 and its much more powerful than my old pre-built computer that costed me £500 (which would have costed my £700 if it wasn't on sale).
Image Image Image Image Image Image
The Most Astounding Fact || Window on the Universe
#ETernal Clan Founder - Contact me
Since 13/4/2011 (6 Years)
MaTT

Home-Game: Wolfenstein Enemy Territory
Favourite Weapon: Giulietta
Wolfenstein ET Name: #ET|TitaN*|
Steam Name: Mattipoika

Previous

Return to Hardware/Software