Community cooperation proposal

Get Help, Tips & Tutorials on Gaming

Community cooperation proposal

Postby FOB-Clan » Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:40 am

Dear #ET community,

I am member of Field of Battles (FOB)(link removed). Recently, like most of W:ET clans and communities, we suffered from a low server population and decreasing guest numbers. On Gametracker I saw that your community has similar issues. Therefore, I propose that your community and our community get in contact in order to find a solution that leaves both communities better off. My current proposal would be to shut down one of the servers and to transfer guest traffic to the other server. As a consequence money could be saved, guest numbers would increase, activity will be re-established and most importantly the fun will return. I reserved the following thread(link removed) for inter-clan /community communication. We'd be more than happy to hear from you in order to work out a mutually beneficial solution.

Best regards,
Field of Battles!
Last edited by MaTT on Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Just so you know, we disallow links to other websites.
User avatar
FOB-Clan
.
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:39 am

Re: Community cooperation proposal

Postby W!ck3D » Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:58 am

Hello,

thanks for your interest but I disagree.

1) We do not have any issues with out servers. They run very well. And we have a lot of visitors, come check ND at the evening. Full of players.
So reason 1 isn't good.

2) We have donators. So financial we're ok. Maybe sometimes ist JUST ok. But we're still here. When we're out of money, always 1 will donate.

3) We have the times of our life. We have a lot of fun here. It's awesome here.

So in my eyes, isn't not needed to shut down some servers, or even link them.

Thanks in advance, but my answer stays NO.
W!ck3D
Image
User avatar
W!ck3D
.
 
Posts: 1475
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:37 am
Location: Belgium
Home-Game: Wolfenstein Enemy Territory
Wolfenstein ET Name: #ET|W!ck3D|GF
Steam Name: Wick3D65
Clan Wars: 0

Re: Community cooperation proposal

Postby Straw » Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:21 am

Dear FOB clan,

I'm sorry but I have to disagree too for the following reasons.

1- we don't even know you, we never saw any of your members on our servers, so I don't know why you would help us.
2- we already had the possibility to merge with some other communities but we never did, and it's not going to change.
3- to my mind, servers are doing well, we have visitors who stay on our servers and who like it.
4- we worked hard to get to this point, closing some servers would clear our work.

I have other arguments but I don't think I need to post them yet.

I have nothing against you and you community, as I said previously I don't know you, but we would like to stay like it is actually.

Anyway, thanks for your intention, it's great to see people who still care about wolf ET.

Best regards,
Straw.
User avatar
Straw
.
 
Posts: 8437
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:35 pm
Location: France, Laval
Home-Game: Counter Strike - Global Offensive
Favourite Weapon: Spoon
Wolfenstein ET Name: #ET|Straw|
Steam Name: Mansikka
Clan Wars: 1

Re: Community cooperation proposal

Postby Wīñd » Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:13 am

I agree with straw and W!ckeD
Image

Recruiting is the best way to help a clan :rose:

Image

Image

User avatar
Wīñd
.
 
Posts: 3809
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:15 pm
Location: N'Dranghetta HQ
Home-Game: Wolfenstein Enemy Territory
Favourite Weapon: my best weapon is recruiting .
Wolfenstein ET Name: #ET|Wind|*
Steam Name: Ulquiorra
Clan Wars: 3

Re: Community cooperation proposal

Postby Ziltoid » Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:33 am

I'd just like to ask where you got the idea from we're having problems. Our servers are running fine, we have lots of (active) members and at least every week a new member joins (thanks Tr!x :P). Every member here enjoys being part of our family.
We've worked hard to get where we are now, and we don't want to make that un-done because others are having problems. As already said, we have donators whom donate enough to pay for servers and forum. Shutting down even one server is out of the question.
Everything else has been said.

We appreciate you'd like to work together with us, but the answer is no.

With regards, Alex
Image

~~GOD OF MASTURBATION~~

I used to have nice signatures, then Photobucket went full retard.
User avatar
Ziltoid
.
 
Posts: 2959
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2011 5:24 pm
Location: The Netherlands
Home-Game: Wolfenstein Enemy Territory
Wolfenstein ET Name: #ET|Ziltoid
Steam Name: SaltboxMetal
Clan Wars: 0

Re: Community cooperation proposal

Postby JaneX » Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:05 pm

I dissagree! Our clan works just fine and we have sooo many visitors so i dont know from where did you get idea: "you have issues" :)

So my awnser is.. no!
Image
"Force and mind are opposites, morality ends where a gun begins."
User avatar
JaneX
.
 
Posts: 1933
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:59 am
Location: Slovenia
Home-Game: Wolfenstein Enemy Territory
Favourite Weapon: Thompson
Wolfenstein ET Name: #ET|JaneX|
Steam Name: Enormex
Clan Wars: 2

Re: Community cooperation proposal

Postby Wīñd » Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:15 pm

You're welcome alex .
5 no -0 yes
Image

Recruiting is the best way to help a clan :rose:

Image

Image

User avatar
Wīñd
.
 
Posts: 3809
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:15 pm
Location: N'Dranghetta HQ
Home-Game: Wolfenstein Enemy Territory
Favourite Weapon: my best weapon is recruiting .
Wolfenstein ET Name: #ET|Wind|*
Steam Name: Ulquiorra
Clan Wars: 3

Re: Community cooperation proposal

Postby Jok3r » Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:38 pm

Even though some of the comments from #ET|clan members look a bit selfish & defensive,
i still agree with the general idea of not starting any cooperative activity between the clans.

The main reason is, that i dont see how #ET|clan would benefit from it,
as infact the clan does indeed have some steady traffic in the servers.

Also i dont think clan cooperation would do that much,
because as we all know, ET is dead and has been for a long time.
Maybe merging the servers would help a bit,
but in the end it would be really unrealistic to think that the server would start being really active due to the low amount of ppl playing ET.


The game is dead, and imo we just have to accept that and move on.


EDIT:
Oh and why cant he post the link to the clan website?
He isnt recruiting ppl or anything, its just for ppl to see what the clan is like,
and it could help ppl decide how they feel with the idea & the other clan.
Image
User avatar
Jok3r
.
 
Posts: 468
Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:24 pm
Location: Turku, Finland
Home-Game: Wolfenstein Enemy Territory
Favourite Weapon: M16A4
Wolfenstein ET Name: Jok3r
Steam Name: marinoitu2
Clan Wars: 0

Re: Community cooperation proposal

Postby MaTT » Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:59 pm

Jok3r wrote:Even though some of the comments from #ET|clan members look a bit selfish & defensive,

I wouldn't see it as selfish or defensive, I would see it as a logical opinion based on statistics.

Jok3r wrote:because as we all know, ET is dead and has been for a long time.

ET isn't dead, it still has many dedicated players, even still developing mods and maps, starting new servers and new clans/communities. For example, you are making that map Antichamber TrickJump aren't you? I don't think a game is dead until all the players have gone and everyone has stopped supporting it.

Jok3r wrote:Oh and why cant he post the link to the clan website?
He isnt recruiting ppl or anything, its just for ppl to see what the clan is like,
and it could help ppl decide how they feel with the idea & the other clan.

MaTT wrote:Posting links to websites, posting IPs and names of other servers is not allowed. Acceptions are links to websites, or even other clan websites that will ONLY HELP you/other people with something. Links to SAFE and LEGAL downloads are allowed as well as links to trusted sites such as Google, Yahoo, Gametracker, xfire, Facebook, twitter, etc. are allowed.
Image
Image Image Image Image Image Image
The Most Astounding Fact || Window on the Universe
Image
#ETernal Clan Founder - Contact me
Since 13/4/2011 (6 Years)
User avatar
MaTT
.
 
Posts: 3797
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:07 pm
Location: England, East Sussex
Home-Game: Wolfenstein Enemy Territory
Favourite Weapon: Giulietta
Wolfenstein ET Name: #ET|TitaN*|
Steam Name: Mattipoika
Clan Wars: 0

Re: Community cooperation proposal

Postby Jok3r » Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:49 pm

U made a post just for me?
Cool.

MaTT wrote:
Jok3r wrote:Even though some of the comments from #ET|clan members look a bit selfish & defensive,

I wouldn't see it as selfish or defensive, I would see it as a logical opinion based on statistics.

Thats exactly what i meant.

MaTT wrote:
Jok3r wrote:because as we all know, ET is dead and has been for a long time.

ET isn't dead, it still has many dedicated players, even still developing mods and maps, starting new servers and new clans/communities. For example, you are making that map Antichamber TrickJump aren't you? I don't think a game is dead until all the players have gone and everyone has stopped supporting it.

Im not even gonna start with this one.
U might be new or smthing, but if u havent noticed ET used to be "a bit" more active, and full of players.
I know it takes time for it to sink in, so yeah...ill just leave it here.

Oh and why would u answer to me by just posting the rules i just complained about..? :idk:


I like where this is going ~
Image
User avatar
Jok3r
.
 
Posts: 468
Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:24 pm
Location: Turku, Finland
Home-Game: Wolfenstein Enemy Territory
Favourite Weapon: M16A4
Wolfenstein ET Name: Jok3r
Steam Name: marinoitu2
Clan Wars: 0

Next

Return to Gaming Help

  • Advertisement